What makes Choice Builders different?
Making the choice to build a custom home can be one of life’s most rewarding adventures. Without the right information, it can also be filled with unforeseen problems and delays. With such an important investment, you deserve to have the best possible experience in your home building process. But how do you decide who will be the best builder for you?
There are few things as personal as your home. When it comes to building a custom home, it’s paramount that you work with someone you trust. On average, it takes many months and even up to two years to build a custom home. In other words, you’ll be working with your builder for a long time, so having a good relationship with your builder will be key to enjoying the process.
At Choice Builders, we take pride and great care in the homes we build. We hold the highest credentials in the industry, such as
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Certified Green Professional
- Passive House Certified Builder
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist
- Energy Star Partner
- RESNET EnergySmart Partner
To help us at the beginning, we make certain assumptions about baseline features. These assumptions will be updated with your actual finishes as we work together on the design and write the specifications that are unique to your custom home. In the beginning, though, they are a helpful starting point.
Our baseline features tend to be higher than most builders, such as:
- An energy-efficient home with a HERS Index score of 60 or lower (that’s 40% more energy-efficient than a standard new construction home)
- Designed with Aging-In-Place standards
- 2x6 exterior framing
- Insulated garage walls and ceilings that are finished with painted drywall
- Tyvek house wrap and Tyvek window sealing system for protection from the elements –and a tight seal against wind and drafts
- Specialty gasket seal at the top & bottom of every wall to prevent drafts
- 9 foot high flat ceilings
- Custom built-in-place closets, shelving, floor base, and door casing
- Drywall wrapped interior window well
- Custom designed and locally built cabinets
- Exterior walls insulated to R23 using dense-packed blown fiberglass insulation
- Gabled or hipped roof with a pitch ranging from 4:12 – 6:12
- Energy heel at trusses for full-depth insulation at exterior walls
- Architectural laminate shingle roofing
- Metal soffits and facia with gutters & downspouts for zero maintenance
- Fiberglass entry door
- An oversized 2-car insulated garage door and opener with a top-row of windows
- Windows that are Energy Star certified for northern climates
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds, (VOC), adhesive, and materials used throughout the home for improved indoor air quality when you move in.
- Ducts are covered during construction to keep dust out
- Zero-VOC two-tone interior paint
- Medium-grade, low VOC carpeting, and pad in bedrooms and closets
- Medium-High grade Luxury Vinyl Plank, (LVP) floor with a wood-plank look used elsewhere
- All counters are granite
- Kitchen appliances based on GE Profile (washer, dryer, and water softener not included)
- Kohler plumbing fixtures with brushed silver finish
- 95.5% energy-efficient furnace
- Natural gas tanked water heater
- Natural gas BBQ stub at the back patio
- Kitchen exhaust hood that vents to the exterior
- One bathroom exhaust fan per bathroom
- Pre-plumbed for hot water recirculation system
- Pre-plumbed for a reverse osmosis system
- Pre-plumbed soft water loop
- LED light bulbs throughout the house
- Pre-wired for sound, security, and WIFI.
- Whole-house surge protector
- 10-year structural warranty
- Course of Construction Insurance
- A Selections Coordinator to assist with interior finishes
- Daily event log with photos posted to the client portal
We like to ask our clients why they chose us to build their homes. Often the answer is trust. When challenges arise in your project and you call to ask questions, it’s important to know that you’ll get a straight and honest answer. We believe you should have the best possible experience in your home building process.
Are you ready to get started?Contact Us Today!